Tap Dance Competition for Cash Prizes!
Saturday, October 27th, 2018 at 8:30 p.m
Tapology's dance competition. 2 - $500 Awards!
Students waiting for awards at Tapology Tap Dance Competition.
Judges for the Competition will be master tap dancers and professional artists.
When: The Tap Competition will be held Saturday evening of the festival.
This Competition is open to all students that have registered for the festival.
Trophies will be awarded to the best performance in each category. Certificates and ribbons will be given to all participants.
Total cash prizes of $1000 will be awarded at the start of Sunday’s professional performance at The Whiting.
Categories and competition fees are:
- Solo (1 performer).....$15 per dancer
- Duo/trio (2-3 performers).....$10 per dancer
- Group (4-8 performers).....$10 per dancer
- Production (9 and more).....$5 per dancer
- Step Groups (10 or more).....$5 each
- All participants must be registered for the festival.
- There are a limited number of entrees. Acceptance to compete in the Tap Competition will be on a first come first serve basis.
- Performances will be judged on choreography, technique, staging, showmanship, costumes, musicality and originality.
- Each performance has to be less than 3 minutes.
- All music must be submitted on ONE CD. Each CD and case must be labeled with:
Tapology Tap Dance
- Studio Name
- Teacher Name
- Number of each Track
- Title of Each Track
- Exactly as Registered
Music must be received at the festival in person by *Friday, October 26, 2018.
(Applications, music or money will not be accepted after the deadline -* NO EXCEPTIONS*)
- To reserve a space for your performance: Fill out a “Tap Competition Application.”
- Return the application to:
Attn: Tap Competition
P.O. Box 5040
Flint, MI 48505
We reserve the right to stop taking applications earlier if the maximum numbers of entries are reached prior to October 20, 2018.
For any questions, please call 810-787-0197.